SVN 3.7 platforms?

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Wed Mar 23 02:03:18 UTC 2005

On Mar 22, 2005, at 16:32, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> And assuming we have such a thing, is it in a form that would allow one
> to update some of the files?

Apologies: it just occurred to me that I made a huge assumption in my
previous e-mail.

Tags are just copies of the trunk.  (Copying the trunk is a very cheap
operation in SVN.)  To create a tag you do this:

   svn cp <url-for-existing-dir> <url-for-new-dir> -m 'log message for
tag'

The last such command I issued was:

   svn cp http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/squeak/trunk
http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/squeak/tags/unix-3.7-7

(and if you look closely you'll see there's already one file in there
that I updated since making the tag to fix an obscure problem).

Ian