fetchWordofObject

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri May 27 19:23:37 UTC 2005

In message <4297622C.9040309 at gmx.de>
          Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Yes, that was basically my point. But we can keep binary compatibility
> for any external plugins that are run with a later VM by replacing the
> entry in struct VM with the "proper" reference.
I accept the technical possibility but question whether it is actually
pragmatically sensible. How many external plugins are used by windows, unix &
mac VMs? RISC OS is, of course, the odd duck since I make all plugins external.
Is it a common enough usage pattern (using old external plugins) to be worth
supporting?

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Computer possessed? Try DEVICE=C:\EXOR.SYS