Test VMMaker branch for 38b4 on SVN server

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Thu Nov 17 00:49:45 UTC 2005

Tim Rowledge wrote:

>As a small experiment I've just made a branch on the SVN server that
>_should_ contain a tree of platform files suitable for working with a 3.
>8 image and the VMMaker38b4 on SM.
>
>It ought to come your way in response to
>svn co http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/branches/VMM38b4
>
>This does NOT include the changes towards 64 bit cleanliness and thus
>does not need the small changes that ought to be in the update stream.
>If this seems to work, we'll try making a new branch for each future
>version of VMMaker so that the head can be left as the dangerous place.

I suppose this link is gone:
http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/branches/VMM38b4

I couldn't get to it just now.

Actually, do I even need this? Tim originally supplied this so I could
learn VM building. But, I'm now creating just an external plugin. Do I
even need a buildable VM to build one external plugin?
Perhaps I can use the latest SVN just for the directory structure?

How do others create a working environment for external plugin dev?

brad