Cross platform plugin dev

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sat Nov 19 00:47:53 UTC 2005

tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 18-Nov-05, at 2:08 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> I'm going thru the unix configuration doc and files to learn how it
>> is configured for unix development.
>> However, what if you have only Cross platform plugin files? They
>> would go into the Cross subdirs.
>
> Correct. Take a look at plugins like RePlugin and SurfacePlugin. The
> arrangement is explained in the swiki - http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/
> squeak/2105 - and do please let me know of anything that isn't clear
> so I can try to improve it.
>

>> What have others done to create and build plugins that are cross
>> platform?
>
> Since pretty much all the plugins are cross platform I'm a touch
> puzzled by your question.

Sorry.. wasn't clear. I should have said:
How does one generate .c files from slang using VMMakerTool into the
Cross directory?

What's the thinking behind this:
    platnames _ vmMaker platformRootDirectory directoryNames
copyWithoutAll: #('Cross' 'CVS').

in the platformsListMenu method in VMMakerTool? Seems that Cross would
be an important directory to generate .c files in.

--
Brad Fuller
(408) 799-6124