Interpreter: how generate C for new method

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Sep 15 14:32:50 UTC 2005

Well if you don't have any clear usage of it in the interpreter, then
the optimization inlining step will
consider it not-callable and remove it from the list of methods to
generate C code for.
Fortunately there is another method (the name escapes me) where you
can add methods that
aren't explicitly called, yet must exist.

Interpreter(class)>>requiredMethodNames

On 15-Sep-05, at 6:23 AM, David Shaffer wrote:

> I've added a *new* method to Interpreter but VMMaker seems to ignore
> it.  How do I coax it into generating the C code for my method?  BTW,
> I've verified that I'm doing things otherwise correctly by changing an
> existing method and noting that the chages are reflected in the
> generated C source.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

===