thoughts on drag and drop events

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Apr 10 20:41:13 UTC 2006

Someone asked about drag and drop of a URL from Safari to Squeak.
Turns out we get a drag
and drop event with a flavor type of URL, mind we get 7 other flavors
too, like txt, utf, etc all these
are indicators of an object we want Squeak to process.

Problem is we don't have any way for the VM to feed those back to us
because the logic is setup
only to consider a file drag/drop event.

So, either I create a file and stuff the data into it, messy but
would work with existing logic, and have the
drag file dispatcher would need to do the right thing.

Or alter sqDragDropFilesEvent and have a different drag type and pass
up an object containing the bits in question

Thoughts on the choices are welcome
===