Curious difference in behavior

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Sat Jan 14 08:41:21 UTC 2006

I'm going back and forth between a Mac using the Unix VM and a PC
using the windows one quite a lot with the same image.

I recently coded myself an infinite loop by accident and found that
the Windows VM has no trouble interrupting the execution and bringing
up a debugger to find the problem (using alt period) but the Unix
one, while it opens debugger windows when holding down cmd period,
still remains frozen and I have to quit the VM.

Does anyone know why this is different and, more importantly, how we
might fix it?