InterpreterProxy>>ioFilename:fromString:ofLength:resolveAliases:?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Mar 26 07:11:41 UTC 2006

tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 25-Mar-06, at 10:33 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
>
>> This function is news to me - can somebody explain what it's good for,
>> where it should be used and (most importantly) why we'd export this
>> for plugins but don't use in the VM itself (e.g., no senders)?
>
> See mantis 2044 for some details and the original rationale. It also
> relates somewhat to :-

I guess you mean http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2404 yes? One
question about this: Do we have a way of doing that kind of file name
conversion from the image itself? It strikes me as somewhat odd that a
plugin needs to do that conversion given that the image can just pass a
well-formed version of the string as the argument, no?

Cheers,
   - Andreas