sq.h changes, grabbed reserved field in sqKeyboardEvent

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 31 23:02:25 UTC 2006

On 31-Mar-06, at 2:42 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> I think you're asking the same question that I asked, namely for
> the problem statement.
Not really; what I would like is a clear statement of what is wanted
at the end. Well, maybe. Some people define a problem statement as a
complaint of what isn't right, I suppose "It does this wrong and I
want it to do that instead" is a reasonable stretch.

After whatever processing the vm and some optional image code does is
complete, what information should be passed up to the portable side
of the event system?  Under what conditions? What parts are nice but
optional and what are utterly crucial?

Pressing 'm' pretty much works now. I think. Exactly what events
*must* go to the portable event system for this?

What if you're on a japanese keyboard and have to do ctl-shift-alt-
meta-RMS- and then type 247 before releasing any?

What if your machine has a totally raw keyboard and tells you "key 7
was pushed. key 42 was pushed. key 42 was released. key 17 was
pushed. key 7 was released. key 17 was released"

What about an OS that tells you "character 'M' is here", ie you would
have to infer the shift key being pressed from the character being a
capital M.

Those are all plausible inputs to the best of my knowledge. What I'd
like to see is an agreement about what the eventual outputs should be.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 10) "This code is a piece of crap!  You have
no honor!"