building a unix vm with src32

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed May 3 00:01:09 UTC 2006

Martin,

I think I've seen these symptoms in the past.

Try symlinking your ./src32 to ./src, then re-run platforms/unix/config/configure
and make.

Perhaps there is some difference of opinion between VMMaker conventions
and something in the unix configuration scripts. Sorry, I never took
the time to find the root cause, but linking the "src32" name that VMM
expects to the "src" name that configure expects seems to make it go away.

Dave

p.s. Ian recently mentioned the possibility of enhancing the support code
such that only one ./src would be required for building 32 bit and 64 bit
VMs, at which point this sort of problem should disappear for good.