Trying to build VM using VMMaker on Intel Mac

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 4 10:59:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 08:43:48PM -0700, Todd Blanchard wrote:
> interp.c says /* Automatically generated from Squeak on an Array(23
> April 2006 10:01:21 pm) */
>
> To get the svn stuff I copied the command from the web page: svn
> checkout http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms/
>
> I loaded the latest VMMaker from squeakmap 2 days ago.  Says its
> 3.8b6 in SqueakMap.

And "VMMaker versionString" should give a more detailed version
string. Tim, we aught to think up some way to get this plus the
SVN version level into something that could be reported as
"Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: something". I don't know much
about SVN so I don't know how this might be automated, but
there must be some way to do it.

> I also loaded in the ObjectiveCPlugin and OSProcess plugin from David
> T Lewis at
> http://www.squeaksource.com/OSProcessPlugin/VMConstruction-Plugins-
> OSProcessPlugin-dtl.3.mcz

I'd take that OSPP out of your build until you get a runnable VM. This
version has some new pthread stuff in it that is not tested on OS X,
so you should probably take it (and any other non-essential plugins)
out of the mix for troubleshooting purposes.