[Vm-dev] re: hacking a 3.9 VM

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Oct 10 04:59:06 UTC 2006

On 9-Oct-06, at 9:10 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
[snip]

> Right. But it seems as if the post-64bit world is not (compile)
> compatible with the pre-64bit world which I had assumed (the
> differences in byteAt: etc). Unfortunately, to get the new build
> setup working with the old snapshots is more work than I'd like to
> invest right now.

Do you have an old build setup anywhere? It would be really nice to
be able to finish off a 3.8b4 (ie pre 64 bit work) vmmaker/build
world and be able to point newcomer vm builders to it as  stable
starting point. I *think* all it really needs is that getImageName()
and some testing.

The later 3.8b6 would be better thought of as a staring point for the
3.9 vm and sometime I want to get your win32 subclass change etc
integrated.

tim
Useful random insult:- Overdue for deincarnation.