[Vm-dev] Re: VMMaker organzation

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Oct 17 00:55:32 UTC 2006

Hi Tim -

tim Rowledge wrote:
> Ok, so I've started a VMMaker repository in SqueakSource ready to fill
> with stuff.

Can we set one up on source.sqf.org? Squeaksource.com has been pretty
unreliable for me.

> How fine grained would people like the sub-packages to be? We could go
> bananas and have each plugin separate, the VMMaker & VMMakerTool, the
> interpreter class, the object memory etc all split out. Or it could be
> main vm code, vmmaker, core plugins, andreas' plgins, ron's plugins... etc.
>
> Whaddya want?

Something in the middle perhaps. Like I/O (socket, files, async files),
then graphics (bitblt, balloon, jpeg, bmp), sound (wave, gsm, midi) etc.
(I don't have a list of plugins on my finger tips or else I would have
made up a list from them).

Cheers,
   - Andreas