VMMaker organzation (was: Re: [Vm-dev] Fwd:Include CryptographicPrimitives In VM's - DESPlugin)

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Tue Oct 17 01:03:55 UTC 2006

Tim,

I know we've discussed this already.  The code will work both internally and
externally now, but there are still concerns and I still believe that this
is one set of code that needs to be internal and not external.

The first concern is security.  My concern is communication between the VM
and the dll.  I won't pretend to be and expert on the dll load and memory
handling but simple is definitely better.

The second concern is packaging.  One of the requirements of cryptographic
validation is isolation.  We need to find a way to isolate our code and
guarantee that it is run unmodified.  Having a single file to protect is a
definite advantage, especially if part of our solution is a signed VM.

I think I understand the point you are trying to make, and still believe
that internal is better and eventually it may be mandatory.

Thanks,
Ron