[Vm-dev] VM segmentation fault on NetNameResolver class>nameForAddress:timeout:

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 28 20:25:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 10:03:42PM +0200, barger wrote:

> I compiled 64 bit vm from http://squeakvm.org/squeak64/dist3/ with src32 for
> testing with my actual image.
>
> Everything seems to work fine ( i run my websever with e-shop from this
> image with seaside ) , but
>
> NetNameResolver class>nameForAddress:timeout:
>
> End with Segmentation fault
>
> Is there any newer or devel. version of sources or just this mentioned :
>
> Squeak-3.8a-2.src.tar.gz      31-Mar-2005 16:11  3.1M
>
> I will also try to fix this by myself, but why not to ask first someone
> which solved  it already ...

You should be able to build with the most up to date sources from the
Subversion repository at squeak.vm.org, along with the latest VMMaker
on SqueakMap.

I don't know the cause of the problem that you are seeing, but you
can probably get a better idea of what is going wrong by running your
VM under a debugger. If it turns out to be something specifically
related to 64-bitness, there is now a "Squeak 64 bit" category on
Mantis for tracking such things.