[Vm-dev] VM build problem: sqInt?

Jay Hardesty jayh at panix.com
Sat Sep 2 20:13:32 UTC 2006

I'm attempting to build a VM for a 64-bit Intel mac, using image
version #7051
and VM version 3.8.12.beta5U, and revision 1520 of the C sources.

I follow the usual steps regarding VMMaker, Balloon 3D, special
change sets,
and gnuification.

If I check "64 bit VM" in VMMaker, generate sources, gnuify, and compile
I get these compilation errors:
	conflicting types for ioExit:
		int ioExit(void) {
	previous declaration of ioExit was here:
		sqInt ioExit(void);

and ditto for: ioDisablePowerManager, ioBeep, ioFormPrint,
attributeSize, etc
and also a few in sqMacTime: ioMicroMSecs, ioSeconds, ...

If I uncheck "64 bit VM", clean out sources, regenerate, etc, then I get
these undefined's from ld:
	_ioFilenamefromStringofLengthresolveAliases
	_vmEndianness

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  I'd prefer to build the 64-
bit
version if possible.  Thanks a million for any suggestions.

Jay