[Vm-dev] Re: Squeak-3.9-8 VM problem

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sun Apr 8 19:59:46 UTC 2007

> Hello all,
>
> I have a problem with Squeak running the 3.9-8 VM under Solaris (both
> x86 and SPARC).
> As soon as I access a socket, the VM crashes with a "Pollable Event"
> message. It seems as if there is a problem with the SIGIO handler.
> This used to work in earlier Solaris 10 revisions. Now I am running
> Solaris 10 11/06 at the latest patch level on SPARC and Solaris Express
> Comunity Release Build 60 on x86.
> Any hints how to fix this will be appreciated.
After a debug session I have finally found a solution for the problem:
In aio.c the function aioInit() sets a signal handler for SIGIO.
Alas this doesn't work as expected for Solaris.
I have replaced
    signal(SIGIO,   forceInterruptCheck);
with
    sigset(SIGIO,   forceInterruptCheck);

Now Squeak works again and has no problems with sockets anymore.

Regards
Andreas