[Vm-dev] Building Unix 3.9-8 Squeak VM On Intel Mac

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Mon Apr 16 07:55:37 UTC 2007

Working with Craig to get the Spoon stuff working on MacIntel (MacPro 10.4.9). I installed Xcode 2.4.1 to get gdb and compilers but did the following from Terminal:

Tried compiling the Unix sources from  Squeak-3.9-8.src.tar.gz at <http://squeakvm.org/unix/> according to the HowToBuildFromSource.pdf and incorporated Todd's instructions below, and tried opening Sq-dev-beta-107.image but it hangs with 100% cpu. Have the 3.9 sources.
Also tried an older image Squeak3.7a-5905.image and V3 sources with same results.
Ideas anyone?
   Ken