[Vm-dev] Fwd: Compiling Squeak failed with VMMaker on Mac

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 17 20:00:44 UTC 2007

On 17-Apr-07, at 12:41 PM, Mathieu Suen wrote:

> Ok thanks for those precision. So where can you find the setup in
> order to build the Mac OS flavour?

As previously mentioned:-

>> There is quite a bit of useful help in the help info accessed by
>> pressing the prominent 'Help' button in the VMMakerTool. There is
>> some more at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/vmmaker.

And if you look even briefly around the 'platforms' folder that has
all the hand-written code and makefiles in it, under 'Mac OS' you
will find 'Mac OS/vm/Documentation' and a load of readme type files.
For unix you will find stuff in 'platforms/unix/doc'. For Windows,
try 'platforms/win32'.

Umm, guys, why have we ended up with 3 different places in 3
platforms? How about having a single idiom like perhaps platforms/
{the platform}/Doc/readme as a starting place? Call me a
revolutionary but really...

tim
Useful random insult:- Solid concrete from the eyebrows backwards.