[Vm-dev] Fwd: Compiling Squeak failed with VMMaker on Mac

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 17 21:27:13 UTC 2007

On 17-Apr-07, at 1:07 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> tim Rowledge wrote:
>> Umm, guys, why have we ended up with 3 different places in 3
>> platforms? How about having a single idiom like perhaps platforms/
>> {the platform}/Doc/readme as a starting place? Call me a
>> revolutionary but really...
>
> How about a readme on the top level? Not that I mind putting it
> into a common place but if that place is buried deep inside the
> structure it won't be any easier to find.

OK, I propose
platforms
	README
	Cross
	Mac OS
		Doc
			Mac Readme
	unix
		Doc
			unix Readme
etc.....
General readme would explain what all this stuff is and where to
update svn and VMMaker and to look in platform specific readme & Doc
directory for more details.

tim
If only people came with pull-down menus and online help.