[Vm-dev] Fwd: Compiling Squeak failed with VMMaker on Mac

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 18 14:06:33 UTC 2007

Let me add that to the mac tree. The author of the plugin doesn't
have a mac so he's never built a mac version.
It was at one point very optional since it allows you to freely do
"evil" things so it was never shipped as part of
the standard out of the box configuration. In March work by various
people made it possible to compile and run
on the mac carbon VM. It does however not support things like X11
integration and forking a headfull carbon vm,
although you are welcome to try that with a headless VM.

On Apr 18, 2007, at 3:34 AM, Damien Pollet wrote:

> On 18/04/07, John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
>> Try the
>> UnixOSProcessPlugin.4.0.1.bundle.zip
>>
>> that I stuck on my ftp site, or idisk, and let me know what you
>> think.
>
> Problem is, we want to reproduce the VM build, not gather bits and
> pieces of binary stuff from vague locations...
>
> --
> Damien Pollet
> type less, do more [ | ] http://typo.cdlm.fasmz.org

===