[Vm-dev] search order for plugins

Ian Piumarta piumarta at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 27 14:48:40 UTC 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 11:53 PM, subbukk wrote:

> There is the command line override to take care of special cases.

Which just sets the same internal variable as is set by
SQUEAK_PLUGIN_PATH.

>    libpath = -plugin option if given followed by dirname of argv[0]

There is no guarantee that argv[0] contains anything beyond the word
'squeak'.

> BTW, isn't VM_LIBDIR set at compile time?

It's based on the configured ${prefix}.

> the package maintainer, so I would prefer $(dirname $0) to VM_LIBDIR.

See above.

> In our case, there is only one command. A command line option
> should suffice

There is an option.  Every env var has a corresponding option (and
that takes precedence).

Cheers,
Ian