[Vm-dev] Unix UTF8 input

Martin Kuball martinkuball at web.de
Sun Jun 10 20:00:06 UTC 2007

Am Sunday 10 June 2007 schrieb Chris Petsos:
> I've read many reports on how one can add an utf8 input mechanism in the
> unix vm of Squeak... tried to do the trick with the -eventenc parameter
> but that didn't work in the latest release.

Well, the last time I looked at the code the unix vm didn't support
multibyte key events. So you won't have any luck with setting the
eventenc. Some time ago I submitted a patch to make this work. It
obviously never made it into the vm. And I can't blame anyone because the
code was bad. I have improved it a bit since than. So if there is interest
and if somebody tells me where to send it I will submit the patch again.

Martin