[Vm-dev] 32bit clean VM work.

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jun 12 11:38:21 UTC 2007

OK, I can now confirm that the changes work on 32-bit Linux also.
After applying the changes, then forcing the heap to this:
#define SQBASE (0x7FFFFFFF - 2000000)

I can run Squeak without the crash, allocating 300MB of strings in
the image, freeing them and doing a GC, all without problems:

lewis at dtlewis:/data3/lewis/squeak/sq/Squeak3.9> squeak withfixes
uxAllocateMemory: heap requested at 7fe17b7f, allocated at 7fe18000

So everything looks good on both 32-bit and 64-bit Linux. I have
not tried any 64-bit images, but would not expect any problem
there either.

Dave