[Vm-dev] Re: Status of callbacks support?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Mar 3 00:25:54 UTC 2007

Giovanni Corriga wrote:
> One of the projects we'd like to propose for the Summer of Code is
> adding native widgets bindings, starting with GTK widgets. But for that
> to work, we'd like to have a callbacks-enabled VM.

While this may be helpful, it is most certainly not a requirement.

> Will the callbacks support code be integrated in the main VM code soon?

I don't know what Tim's plans are for integrating these changes into
VMMaker. Other than that there is very little change required.

> If so, will it be possible to have callbacks-enabled VMs available
> before the start of the Summer of Code (that is, before June)?

I have a set of VMs (Qwaq VMs to be specific; for use with Qwaq
products) which support it already; if that were of any help I think I
could convince my CEO to lend you a couple of those for the time being.

Cheers,
   - Andreas