[Vm-dev] Patch for filename normalization of mac vm

Tetsuya HAYASHI tetha at st.rim.or.jp
Mon Mar 12 03:21:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've found the latest mac vm (or recent version) fails to normalize UTF file name.
It seems to be the function convertChars() of sqMacUnixFileInterface.c, which normalizes only decompose when converting squeak string to unix, but I think it needs pre-combined when unix string to squeak, and I noticed normalization form should be canonical (exactly should be kCFStringNormalizationFormC) for pre-combined.

Patch (diff format of xcode tool) for this problem is attached to this mail.

Regards,
Tetsuya HAYASHI, tetha at st.rim.or.jp, tetha at mac.com