[Vm-dev] Unix path name encoding fix

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 16 14:59:27 UTC 2007

Hi Ian,

when adding the sqGetFilenameFromString() function a year ago we lost
the character encoding translation that used to happen (and still
happens in other places in the VM). Attached is a patch for that.

Also, for all, I attached a changeset that actually uses either
MacRoman or Latin1 to communicate with the VM, before there was a mix
of both which couldn't actually work. Now I can type characters, copy/
paste text, list directories and read/write files :) This will work
correctly only with an old (3.7-7) or brand new VM with my patch
applied.

Göran tested this successfully with a file named "å" (see http://
ircbrowse.com/channel/squeak/20070316).

- Bert -