[Vm-dev] VM patches for oop comparison and usqInt declarations

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon May 7 21:25:58 UTC 2007

Ok, I was working with Craig a bit on this and I noticed for example.

usqInt endOfMemory;

    sqInt fwdBlock2;

		/* begin restoreHeadersAfterForwardBecome: */
		fwdBlock2 = ((foo->endOfMemory + BaseHeaderSize) + 7) & (WordMask -
7);
		flag("Dan");
		fwdBlock2 += BytesPerWord * 4;

Really shouldn't one consider that if a unsigned value gets assigned
to a signed integer one should really consider that a possible problem?

Needless to say I believe the code above won't work as intended.

On Apr 25, 2007, at 3:59 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> The attached zip contains six change sets and an update for
> sqMemoryAccess.h.

===