[Vm-dev] Re: [SqueakAudio] modules, plugins, primitives, and MIDIPlugin

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Mon May 21 19:42:32 UTC 2007

Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>> That's great. Can we move this code into the main so that it will be
>>> available? What do we need to do to make this available for all? I
>>> guess
>>> this is a question for Ian.
>>
>> Is this different from what is in the SVN repository now?
>>
>> http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/unix/plugins/MIDIPlugin/sqUnixMIDIALSA.inc?rev=1623&view=auto
>>

>> - Bert -
>>

> No, I've just built a binary from a recent svn version.
At the very least it would be appropriate to have the new Midi plugin
available for the masses. I'm suggesting to make this plugin available
when people download the standard Linux VM. As it is,  msgs are sent out
by users complaining that Midi doesn't work. Why? If I'm not mistaken,
the midi plugin that is currently distributed is the old one that
contains stubs. The one Cesare built is the one from the OLPC branch.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

brad

--
brad fuller