[Vm-dev] Re: VM patches for oop comparison and usqInt declarations

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun May 27 13:22:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 06:59:49AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> The attached zip contains six change sets and an update for sqMemoryAccess.h.
> The changes are intended to resolve problems with oop variable declarations
> and comparison operations that may occur on platforms that assign object
> memory to high virtual memory address values.

Can anyone confirm whether these changes are producing the intended
results, i.e. a system that used to crash with >2GB oop issues, and
no longer crashes after applying the changes? I don't have any Squeak
platform that exhibits the problem, so so I can't confirm whether or
not the problem is actually resolved.

Thanks,