[Vm-dev] linux 64bit vm running a 32 bit images - networking vm crash

Martin Kuball martinkuball at web.de
Thu May 31 16:39:30 UTC 2007

Am Thursday 31 May 2007 schrieb tim Rowledge:
> Martin - and others of course - what exactly do you want a 64bit vm
> for? Do you really need more than 4gb sized object memory spaces?
> What benefit is there to running a 64bit integer baesed vm with a
> 32bit oop based image? Perhaps I'm forgetting something but it
> doesn't seem like anything terribly useful.
>
> tim
> Strange OpCodes: SSAN: Stop, and See if Anyone Notices

Well, I'm running a 64bit Linux and I don't want to change into a 32bit
environment to run squeak. That's all. And it works for me. The memory
access bug is fixed. And if I get some positive feedback from Philippe
about the network bug I will  post a CS for VMMaker.

From my point of view it's just a matter of having the choice. And I think
people should have the choice If we can provide it.

Martin