[Vm-dev] oops to zero (fix typo)

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 30 23:24:34 UTC 2007

Having touched upon the hallowed ground of VMMaking, I have started to
desecrate the altar itself...

I have attempted to add limited but "useful-enough" inheritance to VMMaker.

Is there a repository to which I can upload any changes for
review/feedback/integration?

With my tweaks if you implement a subclass of Interpreter, and the class
method #inherits ^ true, then you can
implement an alternative interpreter by adding or overriding methods.
The same should be true for plugin's

[BUG] I discover that the value of the field: "Interpreter class name"
does not successfully save/load in the vmm.config files

I have attempted to test this but subclassing LargeIntegerPlugin twice
and generating both, and it seemed to work, though I have not fully
tested it.

As a trival example use case: The comment in
LargeIntegersPlugin-buildCodeGeneratorUpTo: someClass indicates that
there is no UI means to enable debugCode generation. Making
LargeIntegersPluginDebug a subclass of LargeIntegersPlugin could add the
single needed method. Both options would appear in the available plugins
enabling the user to select the debug/nondebug versions.

now.. back to normalizing!

Keith