[Vm-dev] Re: Checking contributors to VM code base

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Apr 11 05:27:13 UTC 2008

On 10-Apr-08, at 8:21 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> Don't have what you need. However since you appear to be working on
> VMMaker, I was wondering about your take on the need for having
> plugins in the VMMaker Plugins category. At least it seemed to me
> that you have to put them there in order for VMMaker to pick them up.
> Somehow it seems odd to me to have all of a plugin's classes in its
> own category, except the plugin which has to go somewhat illogically
> in the VMMaker Plugin category. Most likely its a lot of work to do
> it any other way. Or am I missing something?
Well the main list of plugin classes to work on is derived from
providedPlugins
	"generate the list by asking the InterpreterPlugins"
	^ ((InterpreterPlugin allSubclasses
		select: [:cl | cl shouldBeTranslated])
		collect: [:cl | cl name]) asSortedCollection
so, yes, I think you've got confused.

 From there any plugin has to be moved to either the internal or
external list in order to get actually processed - the UI in
VMMakerTool does it by direct manipulation and the various methods in
VMMaker>initialize like initializeInternal:external: allow for
scripted usage.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IA: Illogical And