[Vm-dev] Better type than void* for primitiveFunctionPointer?

Ian Piumarta piumarta at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 15 20:05:32 UTC 2008

On Apr 15, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> I think only Ian knows what "this stupidity" is.

Casting a function pointer to a void * is not guaranteed to yield a
pointer with the same address, nor does casting it back.  The
stupidity was the (imposed?) use void * where a pointer to function
was required.

> Also, I'm not fond of profanity in code in general and would
> consequently just remove the comment

The comment was a note from me to me.  Go ahead and remove it; it's
unlikely I'll ever get around to fixing it.  Can't say anything about
any other comments you don't like and choose to delete unilaterally.

Cheers,
Ian