[Vm-dev] Version update to VMMaker on SqueakSource

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Aug 17 14:49:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 10:41:47PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:

> David T. Lewis wrote:
> >Andreas,
> >
> >The change includes a modification to
> >TCaseStmtNode>>customizeShortCasesForDispatchVar:in:method:,
> >which belongs to you.
>
> I have no clue what you mean.

Andreas,

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. Tim has put a complete copy of
VMMaker development sources on SqueakSource (http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker>.
He indicated to me off list that I should feel free to add to that
repository.

I am reluctant to make changes to VMMaker without a review process, and
I also have no personal experience with using Monticello in a shared
repository. For both reasons, I wanted to ask on the list whether what
I was doing is acceptable.

The specific change that I made is in change set CaseGenerationFixes-dtl.4.cs
attached to Mantis issue 7154. This includes a change to the
method TCaseStmtNode>>customizeShortCasesForDispatchVar:in:method:,
which has author initials 'ar'. That is why I wanted to call your
attention to this change specifically.

I committed the changes in CaseGenerationFixes-dtl.4.cs to the
VMMaker archive on SqueakSource. The version in VMMaker-dtl.87
contains exactly the changes in CaseGenerationFixes-dtl.4.cs on
Mantis 7154.

Thanks,