[Vm-dev] How to Send a Message to the Squeak Image

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 02:45:57 UTC 2008

On 02/03/2008, John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

>  I'll note this way is the approved method of doing it since it doesn't
>  require changing EventSensor.
>  Requires a bit more code and complexity

Btw, i thought a bit on this and have an idea how to connect any kind
of external events with language side in HydraVM without need of too
much coding in C.

Since HydraVM inherently proposing events and channels, then all we need is to
provide a little framework for connecting external event source
generator with channels.
This can be a couple of methods in VM core to connect any external
events source with language side.
So, in future, an EventSensor can be refactored to use channel for
fetching user input events.
And other kinds of external events can be handled in similar way.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.