[Vm-dev] Tim's New Compiled Method format

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:06:34 UTC 2008

While talking to Craig about spoon, I learned that Tim made a
new Compiled Method format using normal objects, and (I think) a
VM that ran it. I tried searching for it and came up with:

New Compiled Method Format and 3.0 Image
    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/750
VI4
    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2119
Version 4
    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3716

I have been discussing what would go into Squeak 4 since we now
need to create such a system, due to the urgency of the license
situation, and I am now leaning toward Spoon rather than
KernelImage as a basis for Squeak4, after learning the magnitude
of the relicense effort on Monday.

So, where could I find this code? Does it work? Is there just a
CompiledMethod format change, or is there a whole other VM
project I never heard of? I can't really tell, but now would be
the time to use it if it works.