[Vm-dev] Re: License stuff

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 13:28:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 09:00:48AM -0400, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> Can we get a clear statement about what a rewrite process would look like?
>
> Can the new author read the old method?  Can someone else produce a
> requirements document that specifies what the method needs to do?  Can
> someone write tests from the old method that need to pass with the new
> method?
>
> I still do not understand what we are allowed to do in order to reverse
> engineer an unclean method.

A draft of "the rules" is at
http://installer.pbwiki.org/SqueakRelicenseParty

This has not yet been reviewed. Also, a rewrite effort will not
happen until July if we indeed go with spoon.

If you could, please wait until I write down the results of
meeting four (which was 3 days ago, on Monday). I'm compiling a
web site with all this stuff, but I've been pretty busy this
week. I'll announce on squeak-dev when it's done.