[Vm-dev] instance arbitrary objects

John M McIntosh jmmcintosh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:33:50 UTC 2008

Are you refering to sending up event objects via the get next event
logic?
If so for the iPhone VM have have been experimenting with this

#define	EventTypeComplex	6

typedef struct sqComplexEvent
	{
		int type;			/* type of event;  EventTypeComplex */
		unsigned int timeStamp;	/* time stamp */
		/* the interpretation of the following fields depend on the type  of
the event */
		int action;		        /* one of ComplexEventXXX (see below) */
		usqInt objectPointer;	/* used to point to object */
		int unused1;			/*  */
		int unused2;			/*  */
		int unused3;			/*  */
		int windowIndex;	/* host window structure */
	} sqComplexEvent;

#define ComplexEventTypeTouchsDown	1 /*  */
#define ComplexEventTypeTouchsUp	2 /*  */
#define ComplexEventTypeTouchsMoved	3 /*  */
#define ComplexEventTypeTouchsStationary 4 /*  */
#define ComplexEventTypeTouchsCancelled	5 /*  */

To capture touch events. Later this week I'm adding the accleration
and GPS data.
This requires a VM change to ensure the objectPointer is not converted
from an OOPS address to a SmallInteger.
These changes are part of the iPhone SVN tree at isqueak.org

Lastly what is missing is there is no API to allow you to place an
event on queue, obviously we should have a call back that
let's you place a event structure onto the current event queue.