[Vm-dev] VM team

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Apr 11 22:01:44 UTC 2009

On 11-Apr-09, at 10:56 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Sounds good to me. I see this more as a formalization of the
> arrangement we already have, since you have been taking Tim's role
> lately with doing most of the integration etc. So you've got my
> support here.
>
> In terms of what to do I think what we most need is a bit more
> clarity for people. For example, how does one actually set up a
> VMMaker image? You kinda need bits from the four corners of the
> world and I don't think the process is described anywhere. The
> shorthand in my VMMaker image says:
> * Load Speech from http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a
> * Load FFI from Universes
> * Load VMMaker from http://squeaksource.com/VMMaker
> * Load Balloon3D-Constants, Balloon3D-Plugins from http://squeaksource.com/Balloon3D
> * Load Freetype somehow
>
> This could certainly be improved. The simulator is another piece of
> the story where we should spend enough time that it can actually be
> used for simulation of various aspects. And then maybe fix the cruel
> and unusal UI for VMMaker ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Well having pointers to everything on squeakvm.org would help.
People still load a 3.8 vmmaker from squeaksource for example, so a
bit more of where do I start if I have this platform would help

mac carbon VM build instructions here

http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/Mac%20OS/vm/Documentation/readme?rev=1708&view=auto

--
=