[vm-dev] How to run InterpreterSimulator?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Apr 23 12:07:40 UTC 2009

Ensuring that the similator works is certainly within the team's
responsibility, as Andreas mentions here:
	http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2009-April/002504.html

That said, I don't think anyone is actively working on it right now,
at least not from the point of view of making the simulator work
across a range of image versions and VM versions.

If you search back through the squeak-dev archives, you will find a
number of discussions of what combinations do work.

If you are able to identify specific problems with the simulator (I
know this may not be easy to do), then I would encourage you to open
Mantis bug reports. Near term, this will probably result in some
clutter of unresolved bug reports, but it will at least give some
visibility to the issues.

Dave