[Vm-dev] Resource Directory support for Windows (VM 4.2.1Beta Window version ?)

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Aug 25 17:36:26 UTC 2009

At Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:09:13 -0700,
John M McIntosh wrote:

> Yoshiki, I had the same code and was scratching my head over it. I had
> forgotten that I had originally cloned the Windows logic.
> However when I was comparing to the unix code I decided to dump that
> code base and replace it with Ian's rewrite & Bert's modifications.
>
> You might consider reviewing the unix code for isAccessiblePathName &
> etc so all VM have the same behaviour.

  Thank you, John.  Attached is a revised patch, which could be good
to get in.

  As I wrote, the logic is almost the same as the Unix version; but
there is no realpath(), and there is no strong urge to support
symlinks.  So it only tests if the remaining part contains "\.." (not
just "..", which could be a part of legitimate file name).

-- Yoshiki