[Vm-dev] Resource Directory support for Windows (VM 4.2.1Beta Window version ?)

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Aug 26 04:43:26 UTC 2009

At Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:14:46 -0700,
Andreas Raab wrote:

> Okay it's in. Do you guys need a new VM build for Etoys or do you have
> your own VM building setup? If you need a new one, do you just want a
> clone of 3.11.3 with this fix or do you want it updated to the latest
> VMMaker? Since there is currently no external pressure on these issues
> it's your pick.

  Ah, thank you, Andreas.  I just made the default value change like
below or attached.

  It turned out that our schedule is pushed back a bit and we have
some weeks.  Getting the other latest stuff like SerialPlugin
update and in sync with the new VM version and have it tested with
community would be good.  So, can you update it to the VMMaker and
actually roll a new VM?  Thank you!

---------------------------------
*** sqWin32Security.c	Tue Aug 25 21:46:02 2009
--- sqWin32Security.c.yoshiki	Tue Aug 25 21:45:59 2009
***************
*** 246,252 ****
    lstrcpy(untrustedUserDirectory, TEXT("C:\\My Squeak\\%USERNAME%"));

    /* establish untrusted user directory */
!   lstrcpy(resourceDirectory, TEXT("C:\\My Squeak"));

    /* Look up shGetFolderPathW */
    shGetFolderPath = (void*)GetProcAddress(LoadLibrary("SHFolder.dll"),
--- 246,255 ----
    lstrcpy(untrustedUserDirectory, TEXT("C:\\My Squeak\\%USERNAME%"));

    /* establish untrusted user directory */
!   lstrcpy(resourceDirectory, imagePath);
!   if (resourceDirectory[lstrlen(resourceDirectory)-1] == '\\') {
!     resourceDirectory[lstrlen(resourceDirectory)-1] = 0;
!   }