[Vm-dev] Finding ip address for eth0?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Aug 26 23:59:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 04:35:54PM -0700, John M McIntosh wrote:

> On 26-Aug-09, at 4:30 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >
> >So the extended SocketPlugin cannot list all ip addresses under
> >Linux? On John's VM it does I thought ...
>
> yes, but OS-X is not Linux...
>
> Also I'm not sure it's correct
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7392

I'm fairly sure that this is a bug in some versions of the libuuid
library that apparently shows up in some Linux distributions. It's
not a bug in anything that you wrote for the plugin. I have a hunch
that it might be possible to "fix" it by static linking to a non-buggy
version of libuuid, but aside from that it's not anything that can
be resolved in the plugin.