[Vm-dev] newDelta >0 failed in sqUnixMemory

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 07:47:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

with a recent stock pharo image and a new VM compiled from svn on
Linux, I always get

squeak: /tmp/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixMemory.c:172:
uxGrowMemoryBy: Assertion `newDelta >= 0' failed.
Aborted

This does not happen on Squeak 3.9 nor 3.10. This did not happen
yesterday when I was on Ubuntu Hardy. Now, I'm on Intrepid, GCC 4.3.2
and it crashes after 3 seconds of work on any Pharo image.

You may want to know that to compile the vm, I was obliged to change
sqUnixFBDevMousePS2.c to make use of the 'write(2)' return value
because my compiler didn't want to compile if write(2) return value
was unused.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st