[Vm-dev] Unix VM closure enabled?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jul 17 16:24:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 08:53:57AM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:

> David T. Lewis wrote:
> >I repeated the test of loading closure support from your MCUpdateTest
> >update stream, this time using the Pharo (Exupery) 32-bit Linux VM
> >rather than my homebrew 64-bit VM. The results are the same, with the
> >load stopping in the preamble to Compiler-ar.70.
>
> Thanks David. If you have the time, can you do me a favor and attach gdb
> when it's in that state and see what printCallStack() gives us? Plus, if
> possible, a check whether the issue might be caused by something
> unrelated (i.e., one of the these negative address space wrap arounds;
> running out of disk space) would be useful. Lastly, any chance that you
> can send me a link to that particular image you're using? Perhaps there
> is just something strange with that image.

To clarify: After the load process "gets hung up", apparently in the
preamble of Compiler-ar.70, the image is fully responsive. Neither the
image nor the VM is hung up, it's just that that load process has stopped
and an MCMergeBrowser with title "Merging Compiler-ar-70" has opened.

Sorry, I don't have a way to post an image right now.