[Vm-dev] For how long UUID issue will bite us? (Was: Re: [squeak-dev] Closure testers needed)

brad fowlow brad.fowlow at qwaq.com
Sat Jul 18 18:44:18 UTC 2009

It's not clear from the reports whether this is known to be the first
uuid_generate call.

It might help if someone afflicted could say
if this is always the first call...

Since it does look dead simple on the face of it.

But there's that almost-ambiguous extra indirection in there

	int MakeUUID(char *location)
	{
		uuid_t uuid;
   		uuid_generate(uuid);
   		memcpy((void *)location, (void *)&uuid, sizeof(uuid));
   		return 1;
	}

since uuid_t is an array type, the & in (void *) & uuid
is one of those C miseries; who knows?

Anyway, is it the first uuid, or a subsequent one, that dies?

-b