[Vm-dev] patch: fix double alignment detection on Solaris/SPARC with gcc-4.4.x

Andrew Gaylard ag at computer.org
Fri Jul 31 18:14:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Ian Piumarta<piumarta at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2009, at 7:47 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
>> Ian,
>> There is a patch for platforms/unix/config/acinclude.m4 at the end of this
>> email that addresses an issue for newer GCCs on SPARC. When you get a
>> chance,
>> can you please update the acinclude.m4 and do a make configure?
>
> I already did.

Ian & David,

Thanks a lot for adding this patch to the tree so quickly.
I have several other patches which we rely on to fix various
issues, including:

- building on Solaris
- using sound on Solaris
- setting the X bitmap icon
- pasting from the clipboard
- changing the signal-handling code from signal() to sigaction()

The latter three are useful on both Solaris and Linux.

Would it be possible to get these patches into the tree too?

I've submitted them over the years, but there's been no feedback
whether or not they're the right fixes for these various problems.

Thanks,
Andrew