[Vm-dev] About Float nan comparison patch

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jun 12 03:49:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:53:20PM +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> Hi all,
> I dare pushing this http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7260 subject.
> A VM fix has been provided, it is simple, and got support from Andreas
> if I remember.
> Ah yes, http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-January/133443.html
> ...well, at least the VM fix :)
> Any taker ?

Nicolas,
Thanks for the reminder.

Andreas,
Can you comment as to whether the Mantis 7260 patch for handling Nan
in the Float comparison primitives should be included in the VMMaker
package? I think that the answer is yes, but I'm not certain if there
might be side effects for existing code.

I will wait one week and then add the changes to VMMaker on SqueakSource
if no objections have been raised.