[Vm-dev] Problem building VMMaker-dtl.116 on Windows

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Mar 1 15:15:03 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 11:36:54AM +0000, bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk wrote:

> The method Interpreter>>primitiveBeCursor was modified with the
> signature: "eem 2/18/2009 09:01" to call ioSetCursorARGB which
> doesn't exist in the latest Windows source files.
>
> I worked around it by reverting primitiveBeCursor to the version
> "di 7/4/2004 08:41".

This is from Mantis 7224 "Add big cursor support to the VM", which was added
for OLPC support (as of VMMaker-dtl.108, so not related to Eliot's closure
support updates). From the Mantis report:

  The required platform support code is already in place for unix and Mac OS.
  Implementations of ioSetCursorARGB() will be required for win32 and RiscOS
  (in win32/vm/sqWin32Window.c and RiscOS/vm/sqRPCWindows.c respectively).

Andreas, is this something that you can add to the Windows platform support?

Thanks,